Making a unique scent just for you.
Perfume Blending Experience (around 20 minutes)
1. Choose your favorite from the eight basic fragrances for women and the five for men.
2. Using the museum's own original software, answer 11 questions about your fashion, hairstyle, and blood group to choose the best fragrance for you. (Only available in Japanese)
3. Using the results of the questionnaire, the computer will print out a recipe for your fragrance.
4. Take the recipe to reception, and chose your course (perfume bottle).
5. Listen to the explanation given by members of staff, and blend your own perfume.
6. You can take your blended perfume home with you. One option is to have it placed in a special perfume bottle. (Additional charges apply)
|Perfume Blending Experience|
(oval bottle, gold cap)
(bottle with atomizer, silver cap)
Groups of more than 20 people
※We recommend that someone who can interpret between your language and Japanese be there when you try the Blending Experience.
On the 2nd floor gallery, the museum holds seasonal exhibitions of artistic works related to perfume, such as the European Porcelain with Roses exhibition (finished 6/9/2013), the Beautiful Perfume exhibition (finished 2/3/2013), the Fragrance of Coffee exhibition (finished 4/8/2012), and so on.
The relaxing café terrace
For the entrance fee of ¥300, you can freely browse the library of around 200 books relating to aromatherapy, herbs, perfume, and so on. You can also enjoy free drinks, and enjoy snacking on a cookie (¥180) or a piece of pound cake (¥170).
Please have a relaxing time gazing out onto the adjoining park, and having a browse through the books that interest you.
Museum of Fragrance Shop
From special seasonal products, to regular bottles of perfume, aroma pendants, aroma lights, and Ferragamo and Bulgari perfume, the shop has an abundant variety of products, and is perfect for presents and souvenirs.
|Have you ever been walking down a street when you suddenly smell something that brings back an old memory? You must have had that Proustian experience of a scent refreshing an old memory. At the Museum of Fragrance, you might just find the scent that will trigger your memory.|
The entrance fee is necessary only for the 2nd floor
(gallery, fragrance rooms, fragrance salon, history of perfume culture corner).
It is free to view the 1st floor (experience corner, museum shop, café terrace).
★ English pamphlets are available in the museum; please take one when you enter.
|Elementary and middle school||¥100|
|High school and above||¥200|
Discounts for groups of 20 or more
Elementary and middle school
|High school and above||¥360|
View a Larger Map
2019-15 Tateno, Iwata-shi,
9:30am - 5:00pm
the day after public holidays,
the New Year period
From Hamamatsu station
JR Tokaido Main Line get off at "Toyoda-cho" station then walk 5 minutes from the north exit
Around 20 minutes from the Tomei Expressway Hamamatsu I.C. or Iwata I.C.
※Free parking for 69 cars